- 1 ½ cups of special kinds of vegetable shortenings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons flavors (colorless)
- 2 pounds of confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ to ½ cup of water or milk (water is a properly chosen, but milk goes properly with lavender color)
- Combine all the shortenings, flavorings, and salts thoroughly. Add the powdered sugar. Slowly add water and gently combine all the ingredients until properly blended. You will note that after 2-3 minutes, the mixture will turn out to be creamy.
a) Try to maintain the amount in precisely the same extent as mentioned above. If you introduce a lot of variations, you can also not get the preferred buttercream icing.
b) If you favor to make your icing thin, add three to 4 big spoonfuls of corn syrup.
c) If you desire to make chocolate buttercream, all you need to do is add ¾ cup of cocoa powder or three one-ounce chocolate squares, combined with one to two tablespoons of milk, to the other elements and proceed to mix well.
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup of soft butter
- 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons water (milk)
- ½ teaspoon almond, for flavor
- A sprint of salt
Mix the shortening, butter, and almond. Add confectioner’s sugar and gently combing through the hand. Continue to add different substances and mix quickly, for six to seven minutes.
Here, too, you can add ¼ or 1/3 cup of cocoa powder to make the chocolate buttercream.
If the icing is quite thin, you may also add greater powdered sugar, and in case you locate it stiff, put a few drops of water or milk into it.
Buttercream icing, which has a snow-white appearance as properly as a yummy taste, is the fantastic desire for frosting a cake. This so-called “snow white buttercream” is in the main used for adorning wedding ceremony cakes or any flat-surfaced cake and for making nail flowers. Remember to dry the plants uncovered for at least a day. Flowers like apple blossoms or drop flora are ready for use after four to five hours of air drying.
The top component about snow-white buttercream is that it does no longer need refrigeration to emerge as constant and boasts a scrumptious style as well. Here’s a recipe for this delicious icing:
- 2/3 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of meringue powder
- 12 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 ¼ cups two vegetable shortening
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon almond (for flavor)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (for flavor)
- ¼ teaspoon butter (for flavor)
Combine water and meringue powder in a bowl and combine it fast. Next, add 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar, one at a time. Mix the sugar at speedy velocity and lower the speed with every addition. Add the shortening, closing sugar, salt, almond, vanilla, and butter, and combine them gently.
Note: All of the above buttercream icings are effortless to make and yummy to taste, you can make all of them at one time and decide which one first-class suits the different designs on your cake.